Spray Polyurethane Foam has been used as a roofing and insulation material for more than 45 years. This type of foam coating is dependable, long lasting, and affordable. It’s also long lasting, if properly maintained.
Sprayed Polyurethane Foam is a combination of isocyanate and polyol. Foam roofing has many advantages over traditional roofing methods:
- Seamless: Polyurethane foam is applied as a liquid, creating a single monolithic membrane that covers the entire roof. There are no seams or joints, which cause the majority of leaks in traditional roofs. It’s also a very stable product.
- Flexible: The foam can be sprayed onto virtually any surface, including irregularly shaped roofs and protrusions.
- Lightweight: Foam roofing typically weighs about 50 lbs. per square, versus 800 lbs. for a built-up roof and 100 lbs. for ballasted single-ply roofs.
- Thermal Insulation: This foam type’s insulating properties are the best available for commercial roofs.
- Sustainability: Foamed roofs require a minimum of upkeep, create very little waste and have an indefinite lifespan.
Did You Know: Foam roofing produces energy savings of 30% or greater when compared to alternative roofing systems. The cost pays for itself within about 5 years.
Sprayed Polyurethane Foam is perfect for waterproofing. The foam acts as an air barrier, preventing moisture from getting into the building, which is the number one cause of building deterioration. Even when the topcoat of a foam roofing system is damaged, the underlying foam will keep the roof from leaking.
According to the National Roofing Contractors Association, roof failures can be attributed to:
Poor workmanship (47%)
Poor design (16%)
Age and weathering (10%)
Faulty material (8%)
Trapped moisture (8%)
Roof traffic (3%)
We are recognized for exceptional installations and quality repairs at the best price. If your business is in need of roofing, gutters, insulation or siding, contact us today at 314-266-6379.
We are also experts in metal roofing, architectural shingles, asphalt shingles, Shake, Tile, Flat, Low Slope, Mansard, Gable, Hip and Shed/Garage roofs.
At Clayton Restoration, our number one goal is to earn “customers for life.” We are never just after a quick sale!