Thermoplastic Polyolefin single-ply roofing. This roofing material can be fully adhered, mechanically fastened, or ballasted. TPO roofing systems are made from polyolefins. They are readily available in white, gray or tan, but are offered in an even wider assortment of colors for surface areas exceeding 100,000 square feet. TPO systems have a very low environmental impact, a good resistance to chemicals and are slippery when wet.
Did You Know? TPO systems actually cool roofs. This reaction has both positive and negative effects:
While its pro’s include the ability to reflect sunlight and lower cooling costs, which make it great for warmer climates, TPO systems are not ideal for cold climates.
The Big Question: EPDM or TPO?
While the big question is whether to go with EPDM or TPO commercial roofing system, in order to answer that, you’ll need to ask yourself a number of other questions:
- What is your overall roofing budget?
- Ownership plans
- Do you plan to own/remain in the building for more than 10 years?
- In what part of the country are you located?
- Is your climate hot or cold?
- Is your climate moist or dry?
- Building use
- What is the current/expected occupancy?
- What is the average internal temperature?
- What is the moisture level inside the building?
- What type of equipment is/will be installed on the roof
- Anticipated traffic
- How often will the roof and/or its equipment need to be accessed/serviced?
- Building codes
- What building codes and/or local ordinances must your business/building follow?
The best roof for your commercial building will depend all of these factors.
We are recognized for exceptional installations and quality repairs at the best price. If your business is in need of roofing, gutters, insulation or siding, contact us today at 314-266-6379.
We are also experts in metal roofing, architectural shingles, asphalt shingles, slate, Tile, Flat, Low Slope, Mansard, Gable, Hip and Shed/Garage roofs.
At Clayton Restoration, our number one goal is to earn “customers for life.” We are never just after a quick sale!