Did You Know:
- Tear-off and re-roofing produces an estimated 11 million tons of asphalt shingle waste in the U.S. each year
- Every ton of shingles that is recycled saves the equivalent of one barrel of oil from going into a landfill
- Asphalt shingles are recyclable!
In the market for a new roof? There are plenty of options, but the most standard of these is an asphalt shingle roof.
There are three styles of shingle: Strip shingles, Dimensional shingles and premium shingles.
- The most standard type of roofing shingle
- Single layered
- Typically designed to look like slate
- Flat appearance on the roofline
- Lightest weight shingles on the market
- At one time, were the most popular on the market
- Used most frequently by home builders on budget-friendly home
- Chosen most often by homeowners as a replacement for houses that have an existing strip shingle roof
- Most popular roofing shingles in the U.S.
- Dual-layered for a thicker, higher-quality appearance
- Heavier than strip roofing shingles
- Longer lifespan (approximately 30 years)
- A modern take on dimensional shingles
- Wide variety of designs that are created to look like natural slate or natural shake roofing shingles
- High-end aesthetic for luxury homes
- Often have additional features such as impact resistance and solar reflectivity to extend lifespan and potentially lower energy costs.
In addition to shingle roofing, we are also experts in many other types of residential roofing, as well as commercial roofing.
If your home is in need of roofing, gutters, insulation or siding, contact Clayton Restoration Company today!
At Clayton Restoration, our number one goal is to earn “customers for life.” We are never just after a quick sale!