For many years, maintenance free siding such as aluminum, steel and vinyl, dominated the marketplace. While homeowners didn’t want to return to earlier hardboard products, the demand for more traditional, paintable siding started to grow in the late 1990s and early 2000s. They wanted a product that was low-maintenance, high quality and extremely durable.
James Hardie siding is a direct competitor of LP SmartSide, both of which are the latest fiber cement siding products on the market.
According to the James Hardie website, there are several pros to this type of siding:
- ROI. According to Remodeling magazine, residing with fiber cement offers the #1 ROI
- Customization. Engineered for specific climates so that you’ll get the best performance for your location
- Insurance. Because Hardie Siding is non-combustible and resistant to severe weather, it may even reduce your home insurance premiums.
- Cost Efficiency. Fiber cement costs less than wood and won’t attract pests. It resists damage that can destroy other types of siding, such as mold, swelling and cracking – which means you’ll spend less over the life of your siding.
- Low Maintenance. James Hardie’s ColorPlus® technology resists fading, chipping and cracking much better than paint, so you won’t have to repair or replace it nearly as often.
With so many positive characteristics, James Hardie siding is a solid choice. The one drawback is that James Hardie siding comes with a higher up-front cost for materials and installation.
We are also experts in Commercial roofing, Residential roofing, Insulation and Siding.
We are recognized for exceptional installations and quality repairs at the best price. If your home is in need of roofing, gutters, insulation or siding, contact us today!
At Clayton Restoration, our number one goal is to earn “customers for life.” We are never just after a quick sale!