For many years, maintenance free siding such as aluminum, steel and vinyl, dominated the marketplace. While modern homeowners didn’t want to return to earlier hardboard products, the demand for more traditional, paintable siding started to grow in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Homeowners still desired a low-maintenance option, but in a high quality, extremely durable alternative.
Enter LP SmartSide. With its superior moisture protection, durability and cost efficiency, contractors, builders and homeowners alike began turning to LP SmartSide. Unlike fiber cement siding, LP SmartSide is made of wood fiber mixed with resin. The face is then texturized and embossed, which gives it a rough, cedar-like texture at a fraction of the cost of real wood. Like any product, there are pros and cons to LP SmartSide, namely:
Pros of LP SmartSide:
- Longer. With 16’ planks instead of the more common 12’ planks, LP SmartSide covers more area, which means fewer seams and less waste
- Lighter. LP Because of the material with which it’s made, LP SmartSide is much lighter in weight than many alternative siding options. Because of this, it’s less likely to break or crack, making installation faster and easier.
- More durable. LP SmartSide has high impact and moisture resistance
- Stronger. Because of its make-up, LP SmartSide actually increases the strength of the wall on which it’s installed.
- Attractive. Texturing and embossing technologies give LP SmartSide a more realistic wood grain appearance.
Cons of LP SmartSide:
- Its wood base fibers make it less resistant to high heat (and more vulnerable to fire).
We are also experts in Commercial roofing, Residential roofing, Insulation and Siding.
We are recognized for exceptional installations and quality repairs at the best price. If your home is in need of roofing, gutters, insulation or siding, contact us today!
At Clayton Restoration, our number one goal is to earn “customers for life.” We are never just after a quick sale!