Modern vinyl siding has come a long way from its earlier models. Where vinyl siding used to be prone to cracking and warping, today it’s virtually indestructible under normal circumstances and a viable option for your home.
- Low cost
- Easy to maintain
- Can be installed over almost any surface
- Appearance – it looks good
- Color won’t flake or chip off
- Wide variety of colors and styles to match any home
- Dents easily
- Can look and feel flimsy
- Matching the color of an existing panel with a new panel can be virtually impossible unless the damaged panel is fairly new.
- In extremely cold weather, vinyl can more easily become brittle and crack. Those cracks allow water to seep behind the vinyl and can cause extensive damage to the framing of your home.
- In extreme heat, vinyl siding can melt and cause severe problems in regions with frequent irregular weather patterns.
While vinyl siding is relatively low-maintenance, it can attract mold, grime, and dirt. A few pro tips for keeping your vinyl siding looking and performing at its best:
- Mix a solution of 30% vinegar and 70% water, and apply with a sponge
- Into one gallon of water, mix 1/3 cup powdered laundry detergent, 2/3 cup powdered household cleaner, 1 quart liquid laundry bleach and 1 gallon of water. Apply to siding with a long-handled scrub brush.
- Using a power washer, spray the siding from the top down, being careful not to shoot water upwards behind the panels.
- For siding that has faded, consider adding a coat of latex exterior paint
We are also experts in Commercial roofing, Residential roofing, Insulation and Gutters.
We are recognized for exceptional installations and quality repairs at the best price. If your home is in need of roofing, gutters, insulation or siding, contact us today!
At Clayton Restoration, our number one goal is to earn “customers for life.” We are never just after a quick sale!